Friday, September 5, 2008

Thoughts on McCain's Speech at RNC

It's funny to me how people on the left say they're not voting for McCain because of his voting record with Bush. You see, us conservatives actually LIKE Bush, so that's not a bad thing when McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. And conservatives like myself can actually tell you when they disagree with Bush. The biggest mistake Bush made, in my opinion, is the Tax Stimulus Package. The liberal ideals of making the citizens of this great nation rely on the government in 'tough times' was only encouraged by that stupid welfare move. But I agreed with nearly everything that Bush did, especially his move to bring the war to the terrorists and keep us safe. The only other thing that I would disagree with him is not vetoing enough spending bills that both sides of Congress brought to his table. It was not conservative, and like I've said in earlier notes, Republicans paid the price in the Senate by being voted out of office. And if anyone brings up his poll numbers may I remind you that your liberal congress has been in the single digits in approval? They are the worst group of people to ever enter the Congress and the American people are paying attention.

Here are some thoughts on McCain's speech. He said:

"We believe in low taxes, spending discipline, and open markets. We believe in rewarding hard work and risk-takers and letting people keep the fruits of their labor. We believe in a strong defense, work, faith, service, a culture of life…personal responsibility, the rule of law, and judges who dispense justice impartially and don’t legislate from the bench."

If any lib out there disagrees with that I'd really like to know why.

"I will keep taxes low and cut them where I can. My opponent will raise them. I will open new markets to our goods and services. My opponent will close them. I will cut government spending. He will increase it. My tax cuts will create jobs; his tax increases will eliminate them. My health care plan will make it easier for more Americans to find and keep good health care insurance. His plan will force small businesses to cut jobs, reduce wages, and force families into a government-run health care system where a bureaucrat stands between you and your doctor."

Sounding good Senator. Keep it coming:

"Senator Obama wants our schools to answer to unions and entrenched bureaucrats. I want schools to answer to parents and students."

Boom.

"We’re going to stop sending $700 billion a year to countries that don’t like us very much, and [with] some of that money we’ll attack the problem on every front. We’ll produce more energy at home. We will drill new wells off-shore, and we’ll drill them now. We’ll drill them now."

Woot Woot!!!

"In Vietnam, where I formed the closest friendships of my life, some of those friends never came home with me. I hate war. It’s terrible beyond imagination. I’m running for president to keep the country I love safe and prevent other families from risking their loved ones in war as my family has. I will draw on all my experience with the world and its leaders, and all the tools at our disposal — diplomatic, economic, military, and the power of our ideals — to build the foundations for a stable and enduring peace."

If you want peace, prepare for war. Sic' 'em John.

"I’m not running for president because I think I’m blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need.(smacketydooda Mr. Obama) My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God."

Like it, love it, want some more of it.

"My friends, if you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you’re disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them. Enlist in our Armed Forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed. Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier, because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself. I’m going to fight for my cause every day as your president. I’m going to fight to make sure every American has every reason to thank God, as I thank him, that I’m an American, a proud citizen of the greatest country on Earth. And with hard work, strong faith, and a little courage, great things are always within our reach."

Quite a difference from Michelle Obama saying that this is the first time she's ever been proud of her country and that in 2008 America is a downright mean nation.

No comments: